• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stating income on forms..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stating income on forms..

Hi all,

Something i've been meaning to ask advice on for a while, I (as many here) have my own Ltd Co and take a basic salary of 10k and the rest as divis.

Query I have is, I am now filling out a tenancy agreement form and need to state my income (last time I did this I was a permie) So, whats the best/correct way of doing this? My options that I can see seem to be as follows:

a) State 10k and provide the payslips my accountant has given me (this does not reflect my income though and would go against me when determining whether i can afford something surely?)

b) State 10k and divis to give a annual salary equivalent, no payslips would back this up though, possibly use bank statements?

c) State the amount I invoice each week multiplied by 40 weeks (seen 40 mentioned somewhere as a good figure to use) and provide the weekly payslips i get from the payroll guys here (equivalent of an agency for others I guess, although I am direct and not using an agent)

None of them seem to fit really, hoping someone can offer me some advice here..

Thanks

- mrdavies
    mmmmm stella

income = salary + divvies...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
    X