• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice for leaving as company director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice for leaving as company director

First post for me, so be gentle!

I'm planning on leaving JSA/Chorus and starting my own Ltd using one of the accountants who post on here, as they seem to be quite well thought of.

Does anyone know how much notice you have to give to leave as a director of a company run by JSA?

Darren

They generally do not need notice, they should process the final pay and then issue the P45.

Alan

Comment

I've just done this and they are a pain you have to "remind" them to do the P45 - I think you can resign as a director yourself - try companies house website
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I'm "waiting" for them to sort out an overpayment query for me - in that they say they overpaid me, claimed the money back, then I've proven that the pay was correct in the first place.

I say "waiting", but most of it is hoping that they will actually bother to return my calls. Their "investigations" have taken 4 months so far, even though I've provided all the information to prove that they were paid by the agency.

I dont want to leave them until its resolved, as going by the service I'm getting as a client, I hate to think what I would get if I was no longer one!

Daz

Comment

How much do they owe you ?
          Sounds like a small claims court job - I'd sever all links with them and then threaten with action - if they haven't done anything in 4 months I'm not sure what you're waiting for.
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Just called them, and after a "firmly worded" email to their Operations Manager last week, suddenly I am told I can expect a resolution today??!!

Comment

Working...
            X