• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capita receives a letter bomb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capita receives a letter bomb

where is Chico ? He's supposed to post these things

Anyways

disgruntled employee or terrorist??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6331427.stm

I've been outed by Sasguru. I was Chico all along in a massive wind up. It made you laugh though, didn't it?

Hmmmm, who would want to send a letterbomb to Crapita? The list is virtually endless!

Comment

I was wondering how long it was going to take until someone protested against outsourcing like this.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

careful!

Originally posted by zamzummim
        where is Chico ? He's supposed to post these things
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6331427.stm
        Probably best to not sound like you're accusing anyone...

We live in a police state, remember.

Comment

Apparently it was the Congestion Charge office, so that means the number of suspects is strictly limited to several million car and van drivers.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Apparently it was the Congestion Charge office, so that means the number of suspects is strictly limited to several million car and van drivers.
            Don't forget the 300 deceased citizens they sent fines out to...and to the old lady who drives her mobility scooter in Yorkshire, she got fined too.
            Step into my mind....mind the mess.

Comment

Like the Barclays Bank bomber.

I remember the police spokesman saying they were looking for somebody with a grudge against Barclays and thinking, "well that narrows it down to a few million people then.!

Comment

Vantis is the latest outsourcer to be sent a letter bomb.

Bit early to spot a trend but .......
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

That's a shock.

Capita actually processing some mail!

Comment

I have a theory, for what it's worth.

I reckon it's someone who had a job/contract with an organisation which stipulated they must 'fess up all their 'criminal convictions' on the job application form. They obviously neglected to mention an old speeding fine, which is technically a criminal offense. They may have got the speeding ticket in some special circumstances like taking someone to casualty.

They got the job and were at their desk a couple of years later when the firms security staff turn up and usher them off the premises! This then leads to long term unemployment (because no-one will employ an ex-offender who got fired from their last job for deception); relationship difficulties; divorce; serious alcohol and drug abuse; homelessness; anti-social behaviour; severe health problems; mental instability; street crime; attempted suicide; etc.

And no it's not me ! It's just a theory; I haven't had this experience ! It just occurred to me as I was leafing through an application form. With everything picked up on CCTV coupled with increasingly rigid traffic policies it could happen to anyone. Just picking your nose whilst driving could trigger this series of events !
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                    X