• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling to Cardiff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling to Cardiff

I'm looking for some tips on getting to\from Cardiff for the Carling Cup Final.

Last time I went was for the charity shield & it took forever to get out of Cardiff & Wales. I stayed in a hotel the night prior to the match & drove home straight after it. I had vowed to stay over for both nights the next time I went, but work commitments mean I have to travel back the same day.

Am planning on getting the train this time to Cardiff. Did look at flying, but no local airports have flights to Cardiff.

Anyone here got any experience of a trip to Cardiff?

Contact Janey, see if she will put you up for the night.

Your luck might be in as she just sacked her last noy friend.
    If you have a rugby physique and look good in tight shorts you are on a winner!!!
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

The trains are generally very good on match days as the 'Heddlu' like to evacuate the city centre as quickly as possible, plus the station is quite close to the millenium stadium.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Where are you travelling from?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          plus the station is quite close to the millenium stadium.
          I think the stadium is almost right in front of the train station - walking distance of 200-300 m or so.

Comment

Trip to Cardiff.

You could stay overnight in newport or park there and then get the local train to Cardiff takes about 20 mins and then you are parked the right side of the tunnel when you return home so should make it easier to escape.

Comment

Train and Bus station are both right by the stadium. Airport is about 20miles away.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Goya
                I'm looking for some tips on getting to\from Cardiff for the Carling Cup Final.

Last time I went was for the charity shield & it took forever to get out of Cardiff & Wales.
                I'm surprised, Chelski hardly took any fans on that occasion.
                Of course, this being your only realistic chance of silverware this season, I expect a few more of you to turn up.

Shame Cashley will be missing, we've been working hard on some new songs for him...

"We've got a Willy and you've got a c**t. "
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Last time I had this dilemma I took both teams and spectators back in time to Colosseum - gladiator fight had to be put off on that day and my mate Caligula was not too pleased, but overall it worked out well.

HTH

threaded.

Comment

And what's the betting there'll be roadworks on the M4 again?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X