• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glaxosmithkline (GSK)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glaxosmithkline (GSK)

GSK Brentford

Has anyone worked at the new GSK building and can advise on car parking
    Last edited by nelson; 6 February 2007, 07:51.

sorry, only worked in the old one, with lots of parking...
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Just put your rate up by £60/day and park on the double yellows.

HTH

Comment

I think you should take this up with the agency.

Just tell them you need a parking space, or some form of transport.

If they offer no parking space and there's no public or company transport then basically you can't work there can you ?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I knew of someone who worked there (maybe the old site) and had to resign after a couple of months as it was killing him. He had trouble getting there, management were arseholes and their IT security policy made it impossible to do his job. It was a number of years ago though.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

'their IT security policy made it impossible to do his job',

I guess you mean your mate wasn't used to working within the
            contraints of the FDA and SOX

IQ's, OQ's, PQ's, SOX and lots and lots of doco and change management.

Lots of people squirm at it, but it can be used to your advantage, you just
            have to slow the beat down to a crawl and have lots of patience.

Milan.

Comment

When applying for a job away from home, I always ask about the car park facilities - especially if its out of town. Have turned jobs down because of it, also if they don't allow late monday / early friday getaways.

Comment

A friend of mine is currently on contract with GSK.

You are right in your assumption, parking is limited at the Brentford site.

My friend started off driving to work for a few weeks but ended up catching the train thereafter.

Eventually, his team got moved to another office in nearby Stockley Park where, I believe, parking is not an issue.

With regards their IT Security Policy, he's never mentioned this as a concern but has praised the IT resources available.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  'their IT security policy made it impossible to do his job',

I guess you mean your mate wasn't used to working within the
                  contraints of the FDA and SOX
                  I don't know the details, I wasn't there. But this was well before Sarbanes-Oxley. I remember him moaning that he couldn't get C++ installed on his PC for some stupid reason to do with his machine being connected to the nextwork or something.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I did a stint for GSK in lovely Slough. Very very beauracratic due to US Food and Drug Agency requirements that had been allowed to get out of control. In theory they produce a perfect system but in reality lead to the exact opposite. It was one of those jobs where it was a few weeks before I could log in and basically progressed from there, did about a weeks worth of coding spread over 6 months. I did have parking though, and free butties, all in all not a bad contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X