• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekly or Monthly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly or Monthly

I prefer to get paid weekly, however the new agency is proposing to pay me monthly, how many people here get paid monthly? also can I insist on weekly pay?

weekly for me, used to get paid monthly tho !

Comment

when I had a contract (snif) I got paid weekly too.

Comment

I don't know if you can insist on being paid weekly. The only time I was, it was a bit uncomfortable because you are with a new agency you just don't know if they'll pay at all. Weekly is where it is at

Comment

IMO weekly pay is a bit more secure, I have been messed around with payments before (especially last month pay - which takes a few months and a few debt collection threat letters to collect ) at least with weekly pay you are only chasing the last week's pay.

Comment

I always ask for weekly - especially with an agency I've never come across before. Though I will accept fortnightly.

I can and do insist, because if they can't/won't do it then I don't accept the gig, simple as that. You'll be surprised how many agencies suddenly "have a chat to the accounts department" when they see their commission slipping away.

It's a good way of finding out if the agency is heading towards insolvency if they can't come up with the goods, and with so many agencies around and so many hitting the wall, you can't be too careful.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

weekly - all the time for me, as people have said....you onlly have to chase up on a weeks pay.
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

i must be doing something wrong, never been paid weekly !

Milan.

Comment

Im on 30 days as well which is normal for B2B. Otherwise you look like an employee.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    i must be doing something wrong, never been paid weekly !

Milan.
                    Just weakly eh beans.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X