• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling to Ireland to be sure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling to Ireland to be sure

Looks like I have to make regular visits to Dublin from the UK as part of the new contract & never been before.... not really looking forward to it :-

Is it safe over there?
    Do they have electricity?
    Can you drink the water?
    Do they all have six fingers on each hand?
    Do they eat babies?
    Is it safe to wear the England top when going around town at night?
    Do I have to speak slowly to the locals?
    What is the correct way of addressing an Irish brother & sister -Mr & Mrs?
    Is cutlery optional?

but on the positive might have a chance of attending some "corporate hospitality" for the England/Ireland ruggers match...
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    Looks like I have to make regular visits to Dublin from the UK as part of the new contract & never been before.... not really looking forward to it :-

Is it safe over there?
    Do they have electricity?
    Can you drink the water?
    Do they all have six fingers on each hand?
    Do they eat babies?
    Is it safe to wear the England top when going around town at night?
    Do I have to speak slowly to the locals?
    What is the correct way of addressing an Irish brother & sister -Mr & Mrs?
    Is cutlery optional?

but on the positive might have a chance of attending some "corporate hospitality" for the England/Ireland ruggers match...
    I wish I was there to watch

Did a 12 monther for a bank there, best time ever. Should I buy shares in Guinness?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I'll send you a Sunderland shirt down if you like - hey're all wannabe mackems over there these days!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        I wish I was there to watch

Did a 12 monther for a bank there, best time ever. Should I buy shares in Guinness?
        Ahh ... but you are half Irish anyway...kith 'n kin etc. so you would fit in.
        My accent & attitude will prob incite all to violence

Comment

If yer a ManUre supporter ye'll drink free all night. Choice of shirts, not accent, makes all the difference. Being a Celtic supporter of course is no hindrance. I can recommend some excellent watering holes when you tire (fight yer way out of), Templebar.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

If yer a ManUre supporter ye'll drink free all night. Choice of shirts, not accent, makes all the difference. Being a Celtic supporter of course is no hindrance. I can recommend some excellent watering holes when you tire (fight yer way out of), Templebar.
            Not really a footie supporter -'cept Internationals prefer Ruggers & Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Not really a footie supporter -'cept Internationals prefer Ruggers & Cricket
              Head for the Leeson Lounge on Leeson Street, rugby fans and office babes after work. Great pint of Guinness too.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Head for the Leeson Lounge on Leeson Street, rugby fans and office babes after work. Great pint of Guinness too.
                Ta...looks good

Comment

Learn the words to "The Fields of Athenry" you'll be OK
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Oi - my wife's Irish!! As a result I go over there 2-3 times a year and come back unscathed apart from liver danage!!

My very first contract was in Dublin and I reall enjoyed it. I lived and worked in D2 - not far from Lansdowne. A lot of bars and good restaurants. Short walk to the Centre. Rugby now been played at Crooke Park. Should be interesting as they had a struggle to overturn "rule 41" of the GAA constitution which said that no "British" sports could be played there.

Let me know if you want some tips on things to do other than drinking. If you have a car go out to Jonny Fox's in the Wicklow mountains - good food.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X