• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many points do you have on your driving licence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0 and had it for about 13 years.....I did have three for jumping a red light, which I still insit I did not do, more so as I knew there was a police car behine me !!!!!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

3 from speeding on the M6, wouldn't mind but it was the empty bit of M6 north of Lancaster, possibly the only stretch of motorway in the country where I agree a speed limit raise would be appropriate
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

23 years no points. Not sure how I've managed it, a fair bit of luck I think. I have trimmed back my motorway cruising speed to 85 from 90 in response to all the overhead cameras.

Do the ones on the M25 ever dish out fines and points ? I daydreamed at 80 through them on a rare visit to London but nothing in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
          Do the ones on the M25 ever dish out fines and points ? I daydreamed at 80 through them on a rare visit to London but nothing in the post.
          According to Clarkson, they are only on if variable speed limit in operation. I am waiting for them to change it without notice so I try to keep to 70.

Also at 80 on clock(if thats what you meant), you have a real speed of 72? so they would probably not be bothered. unless you say something rude about TB.

Comment

My 1st 3 were acquired on the M25 on a Friday morning at about 8am. I was caught doing 74 mph at Chertsey as variable just flashed up at 50. I drove from J10 all the way around to the M40 without slowing down, so why did the variable stuff come on
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
              My 1st 3 were acquired on the M25 on a Friday morning at about 8am. I was caught doing 74 mph at Chertsey as variable just flashed up at 50. I drove from J10 all the way around to the M40 without slowing down, so why did the variable stuff come on
              This is the annoying thing - they do not respond quickly enough. Someone went to court on that point - and lost. You have to do as the sign says even if its nonsense.

police state I say. revolution now.

Comment

Points on licence

I've never had any of those.

Comment

I got 3 in 95, 4 in 96, 3 in 02 and 3 in 04. speed camera, speed camera, red light, police video car.

The 4 points were for arguing with the judge and annoying as insurance companies do not like more than 6 points.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                    This is the annoying thing - they do not respond quickly enough. Someone went to court on that point - and lost. You have to do as the sign says even if its nonsense.

police state I say. revolution now.
                    This is even more annoying as the matrix speed signs are advisory only!
                    Clarkson also stated that he thinks the police are deliberately switching them on or not turning them off as a revenue generator.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X