• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

can anyone explain...........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone explain...........

The logic of closing down maternity units to give better maternity care

Has to be one of the best examples of a doublespeak speech yet. Anyone here not got private healthcare yet?

Originally posted by John Galt
    The logic of closing down maternity units to give better maternity care

Has to be one of the best examples of a doublespeak speech yet. Anyone here not got private healthcare yet?
    In they same way that Southwest Trains got a grant of £6,000,000 to elevate overcrowding and they spent it on a report (paid to their directors) that recommended cutting back the number of trains in the rush hour, Now there are less trains to stand in therefore less trains are overcrowded.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bit the same as closing down Harlow Wood Orthopaedic Hospital (recognised the world over as THE best place for orthopaedics) to improve orthopaedic care at the Queens Medical Centre.

That they then sold the land the hospital was on and built a load of houses that new lie donors made pots of money out of it is just a scurilous rumour.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Doublespeak

Well if everyone will keep voting New Labour in what do you expect.
        Well if everyone will keep voting New Labour in what do you expect.

Comment

Could that be the same as closing down the labour party to give us a better government ..............

Nah, that one makes sense !

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            Anyone here not got private healthcare yet?
            Back in UK after earning my name (expat) for 16 years, I now need a dentist. Don't laugh.

Tried to find a dentist near me that will take new NHS patients and see me on a Saturday in the not too distant future. NHS web site told me that there was one. Guess what? It was wrong.

So Do I just take an appointment on a weekday somewhere not reall near home, and take a day off work? Say, for a crown: 1 appointment exam, 1 appointment prep & impression, 1 appointment fit. 3 days unpaid.

Or see a dentist near work in Frankfurt, and just pay? Quicker and cheaper. I have an appointment in Frankfurt tomorrow morning.

And I bet the German dentist speaks better Engxxxxxxxxxxx mmmff mustn't say that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Back in UK after earning my name (expat) for 16 years, I now need a dentist. Don't laugh.

Tried to find a dentist near me that will take new NHS patients and see me on a Saturday in the not too distant future. NHS web site told me that there was one. Guess what? It was wrong.

So Do I just take an appointment on a weekday somewhere not reall near home, and take a day off work? Say, for a crown: 1 appointment exam, 1 appointment prep & impression, 1 appointment fit. 3 days unpaid.

Or see a dentist near work in Frankfurt, and just pay? Quicker and cheaper. I have an appointment in Frankfurt tomorrow morning.

And I bet the German dentist speaks better Engxxxxxxxxxxx mmmff mustn't say that!!!
              I can recommend a brilliant dentist - south west london

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                In they same way that Southwest Trains got a grant of £6,000,000 to elevate overcrowding and they spent it on a report (paid to their directors) that recommended cutting back the number of trains in the rush hour, Now there are less trains to stand in therefore less trains are overcrowded.
                That entirely true? I get SW trains every day, and from what I can tell about two years ago they upped the number during rush hour plus replaced all the old crappy ones so overall the service is bucketloads better. Maybe that's just in my neck of the woods though ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                  That entirely true? I get SW trains every day, and from what I can tell about two years ago they upped the number during rush hour plus replaced all the old crappy ones so overall the service is bucketloads better. Maybe that's just in my neck of the woods though ...
                  Yes it's true on the Weymouth, B'mouth, London line.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The 11, 41 and 58 min past the hour trains are usually all jam packed from Twickenham from 07:30 until 09:30 - but there are usually seats on the 23 and 53 min trains - as most eejits don't realise that the first class compartments are actually standard class on the Windsor trains.

Aaahh... nice relaxing seat with table etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X