• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signing New Contract - tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signing New Contract - tomorrow

I am currently working as a perm Tester for an IT consultancy, and live in Surrey.

I have managed to get my first contract. Duration 6 months, location city, banking and start date is 19/3. Before I sign any contracts I need some general advice:

In the current market is contracting recommended for Testers?
    With the new legislation coming up in the Budget is Limited Company, or Umbrella the better option?
    If Umbrella - Recommendations?
    If Limited - Recommendations for Accountants, setting up Ltd Company, Bank a/c.
    Do i need to get anyone to check Contract?
    How do you organise pension/phi/life assurance, if at all?
    Anything else I should be aware of, i.e tips etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated for this "first timer".

Cheers SP121

try search

I'd say go Ltd
    Accountant the 3 that seem recommended here are SJD, Nixon Williams and !st Accountancy..... They all post here look in accounting section

Contact the Accountant and they will help you set up Bank account , Co, PAYE VAT..........
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

In the current market is contracting recommended for Testers? - Dont know.
      With the new legislation coming up in the Budget is Limited Company, or Umbrella the better option? Ltd Co
      If Umbrella - Recommendations? n/a
      If Limited - Recommendations for Accountants, setting up Ltd Company, Bank a/c. - SJA or Nixon - both post on here.
      Do i need to get anyone to check Contract? - yes
      How do you organise pension/phi/life assurance, if at all? - both presonal as you should have at present
      Anything else I should be aware of, i.e tips etc. - if you've got sensible questions ask them, but try and read some of the guides first - stupid questions get get harsh replies.

Good Luck.
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
        I stupid questions get get harsh replies.
        Do you have a stutter?
        Call the cops

Comment

no , no and no

next

Comment

Working...
          X