• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone remember..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone remember..

this food critic (sometimes appears on Gordon Ramsay’s F word) who made the comment “I’ve long suspected that fat people were more dangerous on the road while driving”)

He continued to prove this, using sacks of potatoes, and showed how braking distances were effected thereby indeed taking out the young thing in pigtails with no more road since than bugs bunny. In fact the extra breaking distance required was substantial with 4 or so large adults in the vehicle compared to 4 adults of lesser stature.

What’s the point?

Fat people should be made to pay more road tax. I think that was the point…

Be warned…. in the not to distance future you may be requested to submit you weight on the next tax return.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 6 February 2007, 13:42.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I am not fat, I am big-boned

Threaded
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
      this food critic (sometimes appears on Gordon Ramsay’s F word) who made the comment “I’ve long suspected that fat people were more dangerous on the road while driving”)

He continued to prove this, using sacks of potatoes, and showed how braking distances were effected thereby indeed taking out the young thing in pigtails with no more road since than bugs bunny. In fact the extra breaking distance required was substantial with 4 or so large adults in the vehicle compared to 4 adults of lesser stature.

What’s the point?

Fat people should be made to pay more road tax. I think that was the point…

Discuss….
      With four people on board my car is so slow that this must be an extra safety factor, not the other way round.
      Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Fat people should pay more road tax, tube, train and plane fares, as they are take more room and are bulkier to transport. It's only logical - if you are transporting goods you pay by weight, so why should porkers not pay more?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Smokers and drinkers pay for their extra health care through taxes on fags and booze. How would the government tax fat people for their extra health care?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
            With four people on board my car is so slow that this must be an extra safety factor, not the other way round.
            Clearly you've never had to push your motor when it's ran out of petrol... Otherwise you'd have remembered how easy it was to stop. That was sarcasm.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              Smokers and drinkers pay for their extra health care through taxes on fags and booze. How would the government tax fat people for their extra health care?
              Tax on cakes and pies.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                They could start through a voluntary exercise where the individual is asked to mark their weight on the tax return. The tax code is adjusted to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  if you are transporting goods you pay by weight, so why should porkers not pay more?
                  By weight and size so tall people and large breasted women like Janey or SA have to pay twice the fare.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    By weight and size so tall people and large breasted women like Janey or SA have to pay twice the fare.
                    Tall, thin people don't take more space, they use the unused vertical space in tubes,trains, planes etc. Fat people take up 2 seats.
                    Large breasted women are OK though, they can rest the extra on me anytime.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X