• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C64

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C64

Was hoofing round the internet earlier when I stumbled across this site:

http://tinyurl.com/ywlvb

Brings back the memories.

I was firmly in the Commodore camp.

What about you, which way did you swing - towards Clive Sinclair or Alan Sugar?

Acorn Electron
    Boom boom boom boom
    A-haw haw haw haw
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

I had an Oric 1, followed by a CPC6128.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Cray

Threaded.

Comment

BBC B It had the original and the best Elite, then Amiga 500+ £200 for a 40mb HD
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Amstrad CPC464

Which, at the age of 9, I had to learn to program on when the tape drive bust. My dad refused to fix it for 12 months until I could program in BASIC.

Suppose i should thank him really
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

48k with rubber keys.

CPM machine my Dad had built
              BBC Micro
              Then onto an IBM PC running at 4Mhz in about 1984
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Had 'em all
                Me, me, me...

Comment

ZX80
                  ZX81
                  Spectrum 16K
                  Acorn Atom
                  Atari 400
                  Atari 800
                  Atari 130XL ??
                  Atari ST

Programmed them all in various flavours of BASIC and assembler.

Since then it has been PC's all the way.

Comment

Anyone still using an Atari ST? I seem to remember that they were good for music due to the midi port which meant they were being used way past most peoples expectations as there was nothing to compare at the price.
                    Last edited by gingerjedi; 7 February 2007, 10:03.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X