• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B & C

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B & C

So, question to people. If your Plan A was contracting, and your plan B & C were brining in an income that was generating more than your contracting, but only required say 1.5 days work per week, would you

a. give you the contracting completely to have a more relaxing life
    b. keep you hand in by doing a few contracts per year for pocket money
    c. stay as you are, saving/investing as much as you can but not have much free time ???
    Last edited by n5gooner; 7 February 2007, 13:19.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

d. Invest in a dictionary.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      So, question to people. If your Plan A was contracting, and your plan B & C were brining in an income that was generating more than your contracting, but only required say 1.5 days work per week, would you

a. give you the contracting completely to have a more relaxing life
      b. keep you hand in by doing a few contracts per year for pocket money
      c. stay as you are, saving/investing as much as you can but not have much free time ???
      Do 3 days a week of plan B & C, quit contracting. What was Plan B & C again ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
        What was Plan B & C again ?
        well thats for me to know.....
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

a

no brainer

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

my plan B is to import something from 3rd world countries and sell in uk
            but can't decide what to import.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              Slaves?
              Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                A very popular Plan B that never gets off the ground, usually hatched after a backpacking trip to the 3rd world. I have one mate who did alright for a bit but you are one container load from disaster, plenty palms to grease at the 3rd world end to actually get your container on the ship.

Comment

Plan B - buy house in Cyprus, sell house here (put money away for retirement), contract 6 months a year for the next 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
                    A very popular Plan B that never gets off the ground, usually hatched after a backpacking trip to the 3rd world. I have one mate who did alright for a bit but you are one container load from disaster, plenty palms to grease at the 3rd world end to actually get your container on the ship.
                    mmm where's that tat shop.....
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X