• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Nicknames

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Nicknames

You show me yours and I'll show you mine

Or tell you others' - isn't that right Ribena?

Mine was the word that would mean "monster" , but also "miracle" but with slight modification it was "weirdo"

Apparently some of those who called me that are now hardcore drug addicts with broken lifes, where as I live in the UK...

Comment

Nothing quite as grand as the Cosmonaut that is ATW.

In School it was 'toilet-bowl' (cause I dyed my goatee blue , Don't ask!! Sure I'm not the only one here with crap fashion sense when they were 15! Not much better now mind .....)

Uni surprise surprise: Swiss Tony, as making love to a beautiful woman ….
      "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

My nickname was Slim

Because at up the age 14 I was a f*t bastard, then suddenely over the summer lost the weight and be came a love god.

I have now gone full circle and am a fat bastard again.

Comment

PJ

Marc = Sparky, but some dyslexic translated that as P instead of S.

Middle initial J

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony
            Nothing quite as grand as the Cosmonaut that is ATW.

In School it was 'toilet-bowl' (cause I dyed my goatee blue , Don't ask!! Sure I'm not the only one here with crap fashion sense when they were 15! Not much better now mind .....)
            ….
            Nah, my mum really loved my green dreadlocks

Didn't really have a nickname at school. I tried to avoid most people if at all possible. Was (and still am in some ways) a bit of a loner.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

News flash : Geek is a bit of a loner!

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
                News flash : Geek is a bit of a loner!
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Arfur - because of my surname and the cr@p actor from the telly. It had the Aarrrthur phase when Willo the Wisp was on the telly and Arfur when Minder was at it's peak.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    Arfur - because of my surname and the cr@p actor from the telly. It had the Aarrrthur phase when Willo the Wisp was on the telly and Arfur when Minder was at it's peak.
                    You're lucky - today you'd be called Tony Blair! Kids can be cruel...

Mind you, I'd probably be called Gordon Brown!

Comment

Working...
                    X