• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feckin' snow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feckin' snow

I gave it a go.

I left at 5:30 am, but the roads in Bucks and Berks are sh1te, no more than 10 mph and you need the turning circle and stopping distance of a cargo ship. It needs some heavy traffic to make the gritting effective.

Can't be arsed with that for 60 miles, so I turned back.

do you have winter tyres ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      do you have winter tyres ?

Milan.
      Not worth buying over here for one day a year.

Comment

Already quite bright and sunny here. Just stopped off at a lovely little 'locals' beach next to a concrete factory that somehow doesn't look anywhere near as ugly as they do everywhere else I've seen them.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I left house at 05:20 usually takes me 13mins to get to tube station, took 35mins today, the pavements were a nightmare, Im sure they didnt grit them, I recon in North London we got about 5 inches. I was awake at 3am and it hadnt snowed then, then when I woke at 5am it was all there. I was supprised tubes were running, but it actually doesnt feel that cold so points probably ok

Comment

Bah, I live in Bucks and there was about 2 inches max this morning. Trains were all on time, and I made it to the client site at the normal time. Wusses...
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              Bah, I live in Bucks and there was about 2 inches max this morning. Trains were all on time, and I made it to the client site at the normal time. Wusses...
              I wish I could use the trains. We've got a bit more than two inches round Edlesborough!

Comment

Couldn't be arsed attempting the drive so I'd already arranged to work from home today.

Lots of paperwork to get through and posting the usual drivel here
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Oh yes - working from home today...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Why is it that nobody seems to be able to drive in the snow. When the snow has melted on the road it becomes wet and has the same properties as when it has been raining. I'm sick of people who drive on a perfectly fine road at 10 miles per hour simply because the pavements are covered in snow. Feckers!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X