• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Chico!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Chico!

What is Jesus's surname?

Me and my lad had a drunken discussion about this last night - he seems to think it's Christ (to which I laughed hysterically)....he thinks it was Joseph and Mary Christ, who had a son called Jesus - hence Jesus Christ.

I'm not convinced myself like, but the more I think about it, the more it makes kind of sense.

Everyone else in the bible seemed to have surnames, so what is Jesus's?

Thanks in advance
    The pope is a tard.

Surnames only started about a thousand years ago. It was those bastard Normans and their taxes. Yup bloody taxman causing trouble again.
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

People in those days didn't have surnames as we know them today. His name would have been Jesus the Christ (though that wouldn't have really been his name since Christos is Greek meaning messiah, the old Hebrew is 'mashiah' - or Messiah in English - so more likely Jesus Mashiah).

People often were named after places too, so it could have also been Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus the Nazarene.

As for his parents, Joseph was probably Joseph The Chippy, and Mary would have been Mary The Slapper.

Yes, I'm a bit of an ancient history geek
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Chico has exposed himself and has been put away for the time being.
        Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Everyone else in the bible seemed to have surnames
        Did they? I don't remember that. Anyway, if I recall correctly he was called Jesus of Nazereth.

Comment

"of Nazerath"

Comment

So what's with this Mary Magdalene character then?

Judes Escariot?

(Spelling???)
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

But what about Mary Magdolin? Thats a surname isn't it?

Chico exposed himself?!!!

Was it someone we know like?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                So what's with this Mary Magdalene character then?

Judes Escariot?

(Spelling???)
                Judas "Eater of Snails"

"Magdalene" - "easy"

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  But what about Mary Magdolin? Thats a surname isn't it?

Chico exposed himself?!!!

Was it someone we know like?
                  Chico was outed some time ago and the real person has owned up. Do try to keep up.
                  Of course it could all be a wind up and Chico is just playing along.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    Chico was outed some time ago and the real person has owned up. Do try to keep up.
                    Of course it could all be a wind up and Chico is just playing along.

Sorry - I dont spend very much time on here, so I dont get a chance to read all the posts
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X