• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bookkeeping systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bookkeeping systems

Any comments/experiences/advice on the systems these accountants use ?

SJD - seem to have a good monthly spreadsheet system for tracking sales, purchases, cash, expenses etc.

Nixon Williams - dont seem to have anything they just say on their website send us all your copies

Surley you can create your own spreadsheet and you can choose your own format.

Comment

Originally posted by reginald
      Nixon Williams - dont seem to have anything they just say on their website send us all your copies
      Yes that's it send us the details and we do the rest.

We calculate what you should take in terms of salary, expenses and dividends and provided this is all you take, any funds left in the company will mainly be for taxes etc.

Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan - presumeably then you can tell me how much expenses incurred personally can be reimbursed to myself on a monthly basis and keep all the books reconciled - this is what I was getting at with the first question !

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
          Yes that's it send us the details and we do the rest.

We calculate what you should take in terms of salary, expenses and dividends and provided this is all you take, any funds left in the company will mainly be for taxes etc.

Alan

Sounds a lot less fannying around doesn't it...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by reginald
            Thanks Alan - presumeably then you can tell me how much expenses incurred personally can be reimbursed to myself on a monthly basis and keep all the books reconciled - this is what I was getting at with the first question !
            Yes!

What we do is detailed in our brochure which you can download from our site, but basically you send invoice etc to us and we take care of the rest.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
              basically you send invoice etc to us and we take care of the rest.

Alan
              Wow, an accountant that pays you! Where do i send my invoice Alan?!

Comment

Working...
              X