• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easy $25M

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy $25M

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6345557.stm

Richard Branson and Al Gore launched the climate initiative
    Millions of pounds are on offer for the person who comes up with the best way of removing significant amounts of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
    Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson launched the competition today in London alongside former US vice-president Al Gore.

They are looking for a method that will remove at least one billion tonnes of carbon per year from the atmosphere.

I mean, how hard can it be to make a billion tonnes of Carbon "disappear"?

Plant a **** load of plant and trees.

Next.

Comment

Plant one billion trees

Comment

That sounds like a great idea. Why don't you apply?

I'm sure no one has thought of that one.

Comment

Extract the genes from plants which make them use co2 and implant them in humans.Soon we will be breathing in co2 and breathing out oxygen

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

I mean, how hard can it be to make a billion tonnes of Carbon "disappear"?

Burn it?

Comment

cool it enough to liquify it and then store it in containers

where do I claim my $25million

Comment

Originally posted by interested
                Burn it?
                Are you a scientist?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Are you a scientist?
                  I know how to operate a bunsen burner and a test tube, but I might be a bit rusty since I have not utilised these particular skills since the early 80's.

Comment

Couldn't you squash all the carbon really hard and turn it into diamonds?

Apologies for piss-poor science

Comment

Working...
                    X