• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winding up my Limited......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I've just switched to an umbrella and resigned from my Ltd and would like to know is there a good online resource that will offeres a quick guide to winding uop my Ltd. I guess I'm being a bit lazy and want to see each of the steps listed in order (if there is an order). Eg deregulating VAT registration etc etc.

Any help welcome on this

Thanks in advance,
    Ned

'Winding up my Limited...... ',

sounds like you need a new spring

perhaps take it to a watch maker.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by NedCooney
      Hi,

I've just switched to an umbrella and resigned from my Ltd and would like to know is there a good online resource that will offeres a quick guide to winding uop my Ltd. I guess I'm being a bit lazy and want to see each of the steps listed in order (if there is an order). Eg deregulating VAT registration etc etc.

Any help welcome on this

Thanks in advance,
      Ned
      Will your accountant not do it, think I paid 150 quid in the past. I have also done it myself once and it was a bit of palava if I remember rightly. Are your final accounts submitted and all in order !? Ring the IR helplines and give them your Co No and check that they are happy with the state of your Co. A mini bonus is to leave 7Kish in there and take it as a CGT gain tax free. I think you can still do this but maybe its not that tax effective with the current dividend tax credits !?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
        A mini bonus is to leave 7Kish in there and take it as a CGT gain tax free. I think you can still do this but maybe its not that tax effective with the current dividend tax credits !?
        You do need approval from revenue. If you have been trading a while, its usually a formality.

Comment

Tell it it's a really rubbish Limited......

......That'll wind it up!

Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
          X