• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Friday Tipple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Friday Tipple

Its Friday and I am sure a few of us will be heading for a drink after a long week of work.

The question is what is the first dink you give yourself in reward for the week long slog?

Mine: Pint of Guinness
    "Wait, I still function!"

Usually it will be whatever Guest Ale takes my fancy at the local pub. Once home I am most likely to quaff a few Wells Banana Bread Beers, possibly assisted by some Theakstons Old Pecs with just the possibility of a Malt chaser later in the evening. Mmmmmmmm
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

guinness for me too.

not tonight though. feel pretty grim. probably stick to water.

Comment

With you on the banana bread beer shaunbhoy - what a treat! It's beer and it tastes of banana's

Can't do more than a couple though, heavy stuff.

Comment

Tonight I shall probably start on the mojitos, or canadian club whisky on ice.

Comment

Lager or Guiness- depending if I'm hungry, and G and T's later in the night!!

Comment

Originally posted by chubba
              With you on the banana bread beer shaunbhoy - what a treat! It's beer and it tastes of banana's

Can't do more than a couple though, heavy stuff.
              Yeah its good gear. Plus you get a full pint in each bottle rather than a piffling 500ml.
              Also quite partial to Fullers ESB, Tanglefoot, London Pride, Marstons Pedigree & Old Empire, and............well most ales really.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
                Tonight I shall probably start on the mojitos, or canadian club whisky on ice.
                hmm yeah good point - could go the hot whiskey approach.

a hot toddy might be the just the thing tonight.

Comment

G+T, lots of gin, lots of ice and a cheeky squeeze of lime.

Comment

Guiness for me please barman

Comment

Working...
                    X