• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who to complain to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who to complain to

My mobile has developed a fault which is driving me nuts at the moment and wanted to get your opinions as to who I should contact about it.

The phone is a Sony Ericsson k800i and what it is doing is failing updating the lists of numbers dialed and more importantly, the numbers and details of any missed calls. So if I miss a call, unless the caller leaves a message then I have no way of telling that a call has been missed and no number to return the call.

I spoke to my provider and they said I should get in touch with Ericsson as it is a phone fault. However all they say to do is reset the software on the phone, which I have done with no joy. My argument is that the phone was part of my contract with t mobile and if they cannot talk me through fixing this, should provide me with a replacement handset.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I have similar problem with my K800i , it seems to only be able to store a limited amount of calls dialed/received/missed.

I find that I can clear out all calls details, turn my phone off/on and it's usually OK for a while again.

Have you also tried to update the software on the phone to make sure it's the latest version?

I presume ur not insured, as that would be the easiest thing to go by?

Comment

You know I hadn't even spotted the bit about cleaning out the call lists! Good effort!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Also SE's website says to reboot the phone every now and again

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...s1_1&pid=10407

Good luck

Comment

Cheers!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN

Good luck
            I must be getting old, rebooting a phone...
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              My mobile has developed a fault which is driving me nuts at the moment and wanted to get your opinions as to who I should contact about it.

The phone is a Sony Ericsson k800i and what it is doing is failing updating the lists of numbers dialed and more importantly, the numbers and details of any missed calls. So if I miss a call, unless the caller leaves a message then I have no way of telling that a call has been missed and no number to return the call.

I spoke to my provider and they said I should get in touch with Ericsson as it is a phone fault. However all they say to do is reset the software on the phone, which I have done with no joy. My argument is that the phone was part of my contract with t mobile and if they cannot talk me through fixing this, should provide me with a replacement handset.
              Hi, my phone is the same as yours and does the same, I actually thought I was going mad or had f*cked up some of the settings, let me know how you get on. I got mine from O2 Islington, around August last year. There is a button on the phone that will auto look for a firmware update for the phone, I would try it but my phones internet access is screwed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor1
                Hi, my phone is the same as yours and does the same, I actually thought I was going mad or had f*cked up some of the settings, let me know how you get on. I got mine from O2 Islington, around August last year. There is a button on the phone that will auto look for a firmware update for the phone, I would try it but my phones internet access is screwed as well.
                Ivor, the link I gave above to SE website will allow you to download updates to your phone using the USB cable you gto with ur phone. The latest software version is :
                CXC1250210
                R1CB001

Check this on ur phone under Settings-->General --> Update Service --> Software Version.

Comment

suspect you are right about the limited number of numbers it can hold in this register - deleted them and it seems to be working - for the moment at least

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN

Good luck
                    hmm Smells of Microsoft
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X