• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very Very Bad Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Very Bad Advice

Ok was offered a contract, didn't sign it, and a couple of days after I was offered another contract which I preferred. I searched here on the best way to handle it, one of yous suggested I claim that I need to attend to a family emergency etc, I did this, they needed someone ASAP, so I told them am not going to be able to start cuz I need to be away for at least 1 month.

They get back to me and say, the client liked you so much and willing to wait for ya what now

Last time I follow advice on this board

A bout of depression I'd suggest because of the death of a close family member
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Say you got hit on the head, brain damaged, went blind and deaf and your arms fell off. Then you will only get calls about desktop support jobs!

Comment

This happenned to me Sandy - got offerred the Warwick gig, I accepted it erbally and by email (but didn't receive/sign the contract).
        Then got offerred the York job, which I took instead.

I was just honest with the Warwick lot - said I'd been offerred something else and I'd accepted that one instead.

They were a bit pe'd off like, but they were fine about it - just asked me if I could recommend anyone else.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
          Ok was offered a contract, didn't sign it, and a couple of days after I was offered another contract which I preferred. I searched here on the best way to handle it, one of yous suggested I claim that I need to attend to a family emergency etc, I did this, they needed someone ASAP, so I told them am not going to be able to start cuz I need to be away for at least 1 month.

They get back to me and say, the client liked you so much and willing to wait for ya what now

Last time I follow advice on this board
          I thought you were a past master at walking off contracts and generally lying about your circumstances, so why you even bothered to ask this board for advice beats me.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Tell them that they will have to wait until after you have appeared in court on fraud and embezzlement charges as you might get a custodial sentence. Explain that the offer will come in useful to keep you out of jail because you have a job to go to.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              I was just honest with the Warwick lot - said I'd been offerred something else and I'd accepted that one instead.

If you are prepared to stand up and be honest then good on you.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                I thought you were a past master at walking off contracts and generally lying about your circumstances, so why you even bothered to ask this board for advice beats me.
                hehehe - yes I am an expert, and all you recruitment load of $hite deserve it, for this particular offer, when I got it , the client really liked me, and I told him that I was excited about the role, and didn't have any other offers on table , the agent as usual pulled the lower rate scam on me, I had no choice but accept his scam (he is a real peice of $hite) . In fact I regret not stringing him on and not telling him I had a better offer and see if he was prepared to match it, then turn him down after he does all the running.

Honesty with an agent ?? my fecking ar$e!!

Comment

Be honest and then help the client find a replacement -- it's professional, helpful and the client will appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                    Be honest and then help the client find a replacement -- it's professional, helpful and the client will appreciate it.

I tried to do so, tried to call the client direct to explain and be honest, but was told they are not allowed to speak to me direct- I have to go through the $hite agent who messed around with me, and pulled so many scammed (lower rate scam, other applicant, $hite contract etc etc)

Comment

Working...
                    X