• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone play World of Warcraft / Second Life etc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone play World of Warcraft / Second Life etc?

I was watching South Park last night and it was really funny - showed this geek (like you guys) who really good at playing World of Warcraft because he was sitting at his PC all his life (like you guys).

Anyway, the game actually looked pretty good.
    Have you guys got into any of these "second life" type of games?

Originally posted by TazMaN
    I was watching South Park last night and it was really funny - showed this geek (like you guys) who really good at playing World of Warcraft because he was sitting at his PC all his life (like you guys).

Anyway, the game actually looked pretty good.
    Have you guys got into any of these "second life" type of games?
    Says the person posting on an IT bulletin board on a Saturday morning.

Yes, like me.

Comment

If I'm sitting at a PC I'm making money...
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Yup...me and Mrs BGG play WOW, since the release date and run a guild on a server. Play every night until bedtime. Beats the drivel on TV, which we are considering getting rid of anyway.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
          Yup...me and Mrs BGG play WOW, since the release date and run a guild on a server. Play every night until bedtime. Beats the drivel on TV, which we are considering getting rid of anyway.
          It seems very addictive, is it?

I'm just watching the trailers now, but with a wife (not into PCs/games!) and a baby, I don't think I'll have much time to spend on it... and it doe appear to be a very time-intensive game.

Comment

Man, that episode came out like six months ago.

You're so lame. Try and get up to date.

Anyone play Dungeons and Dragons by TSR?????
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              Anyone play Dungeons and Dragons by TSR?????
              Wowser, you mean they've released something other than Chainmail?

Comment

Dungeons and Dragons by TSR?????
                Er....It's now D&D D20 mate...has been since 2000.

Yes, I play with the same group of people since school days (we started when we were 14/15 and we are now in our late 30's)

We play every 2 weeks.

Currently running a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Campaign.

In the past, we've run

D&D (All versions)
                Runequest
                Call of Cthulhu
                Shadowrun
                Paranoia
                Judge Dredd
                Traveller / Megatraveller
                Deadlands
                7th Sea

The only system we have never run is Vampire the Masquerade, for personal reasons.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
                  The only system we have never run is Vampire the Masquerade, for personal reasons.
                  You're scared of the dark?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No I have proper hobbies.

Comment

Working...
                    X