• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That explains it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That explains it

A long time ago I read a couple of studies by qualified psychologists on the net to the effect that successful politicians were so far off the normal scale in terms of self-esteem that they should properly be termed mentally ill. Not been able to find the studies recently, I expect they have been suppressed and the authors have mysteriously committed suicide.

This definition of Narcissistic Personality Disorder from Wikipedia is interesting:

...at least five of the following are necessary for a diagnosis of NPD:

has a grandiose sense of self-importance
    is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by other special people
    requires excessive admiration
    strong sense of entitlement
    takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    lacks empathy
    is often envious or believes others are envious of him or her
    arrogant affect.

Sound familiar?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I am hugely good-looking, admirable, and will be immensely rich and powerful one day, wot with my superior intellect. You are all scum and low lifes. Wot you looking at eh?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      A long time ago I read a couple of studies by qualified psychologists on the net to the effect that successful politicians were so far off the normal scale in terms of self-esteem that they should properly be termed mentally ill. Not been able to find the studies recently, I expect they have been suppressed and the authors have mysteriously committed suicide.

This definition of Narcissistic Personality Disorder from Wikipedia is interesting:

...at least five of the following are necessary for a diagnosis of NPD:

has a grandiose sense of self-importance
      is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
      believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by other special people
      requires excessive admiration
      strong sense of entitlement
      takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
      lacks empathy
      is often envious or believes others are envious of him or her
      arrogant affect.

Sound familiar?
      Yep, that's Threaded alright.

Comment

These psychologists are hopeless I could come up with much better theories.

Comment

I would agree with the psychologist. The majority of politicians I have met are normally under average height but over average in the bullsh1t and corruption traits. And they are some of the most arrogant and untrustworthy people in the land.

They will do anything they can to secure their position - including taking advantage of others and situations they find themselves in.

Comment

"The majority of politicians I have met are normally under average height but over average in the bullsh1t and corruption traits. And they are some of the most arrogant and untrustworthy people in the land. "

Just like agents.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X