• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Someone please talk me out of it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone please talk me out of it

I need some convincing reasons not to go completely potty and buy this for £15K
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Ah thats beautiful!!!

But...its an old mans car. Unless you're over 65 it'll add 10 years on to your age.

A jag is just as beautiful, and doesn't age you.

Just a 30 year old girls opinion....you may have already grown out of caring about those though.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
      It'll be rotten underneath and and will suck your funds like a black hole?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
        If you are even vaguely serious take care.

1) It's not a Bentley
        2) The 3 speed auto is crap squared
        3) It looks overpriced to me

At that age it really is pot luck as to what happens. If you have average luck you won''t do too bad. Good luck and they are fine. Anything that breaks costs a small fortune.

This guy used to look after my mates and is pretty good. http://www.bridgegarage.com/ . The car however fell a bit into the unlucky category and was traded for a Turbo R. This is a great car - if a little ostentations.

Comment

That is massively, massively overpriced. For £15k you should be looking at a Silver Spirit III about 10 years old.

Comment

Is it a van? I think not! Where on earth are you going to put your old paint tins and rusty bicycles?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              Ah thats beautiful!!!

But...its an old mans car. Unless you're over 65 it'll add 10 years on to your age.

A jag is just as beautiful, and doesn't age you.

Just a 30 year old girls opinion....you may have already grown out of caring about those though.
              How is a Jag not an old man's car?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                How is a Jag not an old man's car?
                Jag's have style and class - they're the kind of old blokes who you still fancy and dont think of as old.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  Jag's have style and class - they're the kind of old blokes who you still fancy and dont think of as old.
                  What about when you have two of 'em?
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Simple and clear advice.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X