PDA

View Full Version : grants

bakersdozen
3rd April 2003, 20:03
I'm looking at a startup business with ex-colleagues in the software industry. Does anyone know of any grants that an IT company could be eligible for (too old for princes trust btw). VC's will obviously want my head on a plate and if I can get partial funding throughgrants it would be a good start. I've had a look round but unless I'm setting up in the arse end of Wales they look a bit thin on the ground...:smokin

partimer
4th April 2003, 08:52
Welcome to Gordon Clown's world of helping small businesses :)

In all seriousness, you have to set up in known employment "blackspots" and employ the local people. Try talking to your Employment Agency (aka Job centre). They use to have a special team that helped people become self employed with what aid was available locally.
I assume that function hasn't been cut to keep costs down.

bakersdozen
4th April 2003, 09:02
Thanks partimer, I thought I'd be clutching at straws looking at grants.
'IT company? Thames Valley? Bugger off...'

lambini
4th April 2003, 09:39
Give you a maximum grant of £500 towards IT equipment. You put in 1.2k they refunf £500.

The bizarre thing is that it applies to all businesses -if you wanted to set up a business renting out an inflatable bouncy castle....they give you £500 towards a pc.......!

jumpsystems
6th June 2003, 11:51
Take a look at this article

www.freepint.com/issues/0...tm#feature (http://www.freepint.com/issues/050701.htm#feature)