• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last Friday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Friday

Interesting night - after my cravings for a mojito, got to On Anon and they were 1/2 price in the happy hour. Had rather too many

CptFantastic and Warrior Princess have seen this before of course and weren't surprised, and I was not quite pissed by the time JScanlon turned up, and then we went for it Quote from JS: "I'm going to see how much I can drink in the next hour and a half".

Bit worse for wear and then enter Mustang, who became the sorry victim of me rambling at him for about half an hour

Night went on... exit JScanlon back to his gf, Mustang back home (after helping us eat the meat/prawn/spring roll platter)... exit Warrior Princess, and CptFantastic & I found the dancefloor.

Popped out to the shop to buy a pack of smokes (why, I don't know), and some blokes asked me if I wanted some drugs. Said 'No Thank You', and several coppers came out of nowhere and nicked them. Gave statement and by the time I was out of the police station it was 3am.

Got nightbus home (as you do), and CptFantastic & I taught the top deck of the bus how to play 'Human Buckaroo' with Sebastien, the pissed Frenchman. Funny stuff - placing shoes, newspapers etc on his head.

CptFantastic beat me at backgammon before he passed out on my sofa. Git.

Warrior Princess: her usual self, laughing away at our mad ramblings and not at all like an IT geek. No fruitbowl.
    JScanlon: nice guy, properly looking forward to bringing his .NET wisdom to a groovy new startup and ditching Corporate blandity for Polo necks and meeja types.
    Mustang: quite the gentleman, patient (sorry again), mature and dignified.
    CptFantastic & yours truly: Loons. Nothing changes here.

And there you go Small but interesting little drinking club.

Half an hour? It seemed much longer than that!! The timing of my departure was purely coincedental and the bar snacks were for sharing anyway!! Had to be up early to travel up to Mancherster - had been invited to watch United play. They beat Charlton 2-0. A good game and even better when viewed from the warmth of a Director's box!

Thanks for the compliments RH - guess I demonstrated the people skills I need as a PM!!

It was a fun night and good to meet some of you. Look forward to meeting others in future socials. Seems like you had an interesting night later on though.

Have a good week!
    Last edited by Mustang; 12 February 2007, 12:12.

Comment

My experience of the West End Police Station was thankfully on the good side :P i.e. nothing to do with me
      Step into my mind....mind the mess.

Comment

Defiantly a good evening even though turn out was small!

RH tried to get one to dance with him but one luckily escaped and left CptFantastic and the dancing squirrel to it!

FYI – Fruitbowl is no more! [Hunting for a replacement]

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior Princess
          Don't lie - you're secretly delighted really. We'll have a whip round and get you the most ridiculous hat we can find - then take pictures of you wearing it and post them on amihotornot.com

Comment

Defiantly a good evening even though turn out was small!

RH tried to get one to dance with him but one luckily escaped and left CptFantastic and the dancing squirrel to it!

FYI – Fruitbowl is no more! [Hunting for a replacement]
            Remember the Asian that chased the other Asian away just because he had a white chick for a date? :P

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
              CptFantastic beat me at backgammon before he passed out on my sofa. Git.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
                Don't lie - you're secretly delighted really. We'll have a whip round and get you the most ridiculous hat we can find - then take pictures of you wearing it and post them on amihotornot.com
                OMG - I’m serious! First lost one glove on the metro in Paris and then lost the other one along with the fruitbowl on my way home!

All in all it was a very sad week indeed!

And anyway…I don’t even know how to lie! All innocent me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CptFantastic
                  Remember the Asian that chased the other Asian away just because he had a white chick for a date? :P
                  Oh yeah - poor thing!

And that poor guy that was standing there for ages all by himself with no one to talk to.....ahhhh....

Comment

OMG - I’m serious! First lost one glove on the metro in Paris and then lost the other one along with the fruitbowl on my way home!

All in all it was a very sad week indeed!

And anyway…I don’t even know how to lie! All innocent me!!!
                    The only thing I lost in Paris was my dignity....shagging a 40 year-old, sheesh!!

Comment

Working...
                    X