• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Change / Global Warming : What Do You Think?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Change / Global Warming : What Do You Think?

Just interested in a straw poll show of hands really. Who thinks the current global conditions (whether you want to call it change or warming) are in fact cause by human activity. This is a sceptical forum, particularly with anything linked however loosely to tax increases, so I wondered how much so.

Poll to follow.
    Yes
    39.29%
    No
    48.21%
    Don't Know
    12.50%
    I'm Spartacus.

Tw*t

If Moron Brown was really convinced that aircraft were a major contributor to global warming he would have cut flights in and out of the uk by half overnight, instead of a £10-£40 tax that's not even going to fight green issues.

Comment

The poll is too biased. Where is the option for "humans substantially, if not primarily, having some input into it, such that there could be a difference in outcome if their behaviour changed"
      That is my view.
      PS Tha view has nothing to do with taxation. Whether tax increases are a valid way to combat it is another issue entirely.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        The poll is too biased. Where is the option for "humans substantially, if not primarily, having some input into it, such that there could be a difference in outcome if their behaviour changed"
        That is my view.
        Sounds like "yes" to me. The question was just "do you think human activity is largely or primarily the driver in climate change?" Doesn't really enter into it whether you think there's anything that could be done about it either way.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
          Sounds like "yes" to me. The question was just "do you think human activity is largely or primarily the driver in climate change?" Doesn't really enter into it whether you think there's anything that could be done about it either way.
          Well the point I'm making is how much is caused by humans? 25%, 50%,75%?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

bumguru has only a tiny grasp of logic.

Comment

Alarmists say 90%+, others say <1%, but what do you think? Do you think human activity is the single largest influencing factor in the global climate model? This is what we are being told.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

SAS love, if you think more than 50% is due to humans then click the yes thingy otherwise click the no thingy.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  SAS love, if you think more than 50% is due to humans then click the yes thingy otherwise click the no thingy.
                  Or "Don't Know" if you don't know.

I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Or "Don't Know" if you don't know.

It's too complicated.

Comment

Working...
                    X