• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with SockPuppet, MF and others?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with SockPuppet, MF and others?

No end of problems with clients, contracts, agents, interviews, etc.

Am I the only one who just applies, gets contract, earns dosh, enjoys?

Originally posted by DimPrawn

No, I'm pretty happy with the whole process except my client is a bit of a c.n.u.t. at the mo. But hey - it's money in the bank.

Comment

nope - me too

I even get offered rate rises before renewal
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I just bring out the best in people.

Comment

Also plodding along nicely bothering as few people as possible and trying to be bothered as little as possible BUT its renewal time so I've got to act unhappy to try and get a rate increase !!!!

Comment

interesting i used to work for a recruitment company ( a long long time ago) and no I was not a dodgy consultant but worked more on the contractor care side (and actually cared about the contractors too)

however there were always some who were only happy when they were thorughly miserable - to the point where they seemed to make problems for themselves just to have something to whinge about.

may not be overly relevant and if they are having all these problems they do have my sympathies but .......

Comment

DOes not let you having a 75% cut or wanting to review the contract before the contractor sign it make then miserable by default

Comment

Yep - same here, 6 contracts and no real problems. I put this down to a relaxed attitude to some of the details. As long as the money is coming I don't sweat over a couple of weeks delay, doing a bit of paperwork is no big deal and I don't need a hug/lunch/wine from the agent. Been back in the game 8 months after a lean spell and the money is piling up very nicely....

Comment

No probs here, I've had three calls wanting my services, one of them an ex-client in Switzerland.

Tempting...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

"What is it with SockPuppet, MF and others?"

WTF!!! Dont lump me together with sockpuppet fishface.

No problems here either. Couldnt be better.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X