• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This has gone far enough!!! Bloody Orange Genie!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has gone far enough!!! Bloody Orange Genie!!!

OrangeGenie had returned emails and calls, not screwed up my tax liability and generally had a more professional attitude at the time of me being a client then I would have stayed with them and not transferred to Giant.
    I think I'll leave the evidence until we go to court.

Thanks for the feedback Churchill. I relayed your statement on to Orange Genie on Friday afternoon.

As you know Orange Genie have threatened legal action over some of the comments on the board recently. Graham Fisher has asked that we identify some posters' identities with regard to this. Your contact details are included in this request.

We have explained to Orange Genie that where comments are the personal experience of those contractors, posts are not libellous. Despite relaying on your comments, Orange Genie is insisting on “evidential facts”, so unless you particularly want this to go further we would recommend that you do provide more information on your experience, such as dates and more details on the service you received, demonstrating your personal experience of their company. Hopefully such facts will bring this matter to a close.

Can you let me know what you want to do here please?

Thanks
    I received the above regarding my comments regarding the quality of service provided by OrangeGenie.

Has anybody else here been contacted regarding this issue?

Not me - but I'm shocked by this.

I don't believe it - they want specifics from to prove you actually had personal experiences with them so they can evaluate whether your comments had any truth etc - and if not they'll sue for libel??

Have they heard of PR? Orange, do you not realise that this costly exercise you intend to embark upon, on a well used contractor board, is against your best interests?

Do we have any people with a legal hat on here that could comment?

Edit: Here are some peoples' opinions from blagger.com
    Last edited by realityhack; 12 February 2007, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
      Not me - but I'm shocked by this.

I don't believe it - they want specifics from to prove you actually had personal experiences with them so they can evaluate whether your comments had any truth etc - and if not they'll sue for libel??

Have they heard of PR? Orange, do you not realise that this costly exercise you intend to embark upon, on a well used contractor board, is against your best interests?

Do we have any people with a legal hat on here that could comment?
      no but this adds extra proof

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2006/march/3/6.htm
      whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Seems like they'll be spending a fair while in court then: http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_i...nge-Genie.html and http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_i...Genie-Ltd.html

Comment

I am lawyer representing OrangeGenie, I have argued these cases many times infront of Judges and this time 0898-M-Y-S-T-I-C told me I will win

Comment

Working...
          X