PDA

View Full Version : Security Clearance

portseven
12th February 2007, 17:02
How does one go about getting Security Clearance?

Can you just apply for it 'just in case' or do you need to have a reason / sponsor for getting it?

Just some of the large goverment projects often call for contractors, but you need Security Clearance.

The Lone Gunman
12th February 2007, 17:04
Do none of the newbies ever do a search before asking the same question for the millionth time? FFS.

You have to have a sponsor.

swamp
12th February 2007, 17:07
I can sell you my Security Clearance.

£5K.

;)

DimPrawn
12th February 2007, 17:08
You can get security clearance by joining the communist party, converting to Islam, moving to Pakistan or buying it off eBay.

HTH

threaded
12th February 2007, 19:13
FFS DimPrawn don't tell them everything!

portseven
12th February 2007, 19:23
Do none of the newbies ever do a search before asking the same question for the millionth time? FFS.

You have to have a sponsor.

I couldn't be arsed looking

threaded
12th February 2007, 19:28
You ought to apply to the foreign office and write doco about WMDs.

portseven
12th February 2007, 21:36
You ought to apply to the foreign office and write doco about WMDs.

:rollin:

Ardesco
12th February 2007, 23:18

Another permie wishing he could be a contractor, but just can't be arsed as it's all too much hassle. Or perhaps you are one of those contractors who like to go through and umbrella because it's easy and you get to claim all these expenses without incurring them.....

:rolleyes:

The Lone Gunman
13th February 2007, 07:58
I couldn't be arsed lookingAnd we should be arsed helping you because?......

portseven
13th February 2007, 08:26
And we should be arsed helping you because?......

It's good Karma (least thats what the priest said)

n5gooner
13th February 2007, 08:49

says it all ....:rollin:

next..

marcus2704
13th February 2007, 09:04
I was going to search, but couldnt be arsed so...

Im SC cleared until 2014, but havent worked in a SC site for over a year, how long is it before the status is removed and is it a simple process (!) to be recertified again or does it still take endless weeks?

gingerjedi
13th February 2007, 09:08
I was going to search, but couldnt be arsed so...

Im SC cleared until 2014, but havent worked in a SC site for over a year, how long is it before the status is removed and is it a simple process (!) to be recertified again or does it still take endless weeks?

It lapses after 12 months if you don’t use it and it will need to be applied for again with a sponsor, so if you've let it go... its gone, back of the queue I'm afraid.

oraclesmith
13th February 2007, 09:08
If you don't use your security clearance it gets bored and goes looking for friendly terrorists or IT contractors to help out. Any takers ?

marcus2704
13th February 2007, 09:33
It lapses after 12 months if you don’t use it and it will need to be applied for again with a sponsor, so if you've let it go... its gone, back of the queue I'm afraid.

That sucks then, I was told that once you have got SC clearance its easier to reapply for it when/if it lapses.

I guess he was yanking my crank.

swamp
13th February 2007, 09:44
That sucks then, I was told that once you have got SC clearance its easier to reapply for it when/if it lapses.

It is easier to reapply if you have lapsed SC. I think it may also be cheaper (for the sponsor)

marcus2704
13th February 2007, 09:48
Cheers for that, perhaps I will still leave it on my CV :)

OwlHoot
13th February 2007, 22:29
Cheers for that, perhaps I will still leave it on my CV :)

Trouble is putting it on as "security clearance (lapsed)" sounds a bit like "BSc Calcutta (failed)" :p