• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance

How does one go about getting Security Clearance?

Can you just apply for it 'just in case' or do you need to have a reason / sponsor for getting it?

Just some of the large goverment projects often call for contractors, but you need Security Clearance.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Do none of the newbies ever do a search before asking the same question for the millionth time? FFS.

You have to have a sponsor.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I can sell you my Security Clearance.

£5K.

Cats are evil.

Comment

You can get security clearance by joining the communist party, converting to Islam, moving to Pakistan or buying it off eBay.

HTH

Comment

FFS DimPrawn don't tell them everything!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Do none of the newbies ever do a search before asking the same question for the millionth time? FFS.

You have to have a sponsor.
            I couldn't be arsed looking
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
              You ought to apply to the foreign office and write doco about WMDs.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                You ought to apply to the foreign office and write doco about WMDs.

Comment

Another permie wishing he could be a contractor, but just can't be arsed as it's all too much hassle. Or perhaps you are one of those contractors who like to go through and umbrella because it's easy and you get to claim all these expenses without incurring them.....

Comment

And we should be arsed helping you because?......
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X