• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, that's it, goodbye UK....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that's it, goodbye UK....

... hello Amsterdam...

Interview last thursday, verbal offer friday, contract through this afternoon, resigned 10 minutes later.

Permanent role, 4 weeks to go and counting... can't wait to be back dodging trams...
    Vieze Oude Man

SO your leaving a permie role or leaving contracting to go to a permie role?

Either way congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      ... hello Amsterdam...

Interview last thursday, verbal offer friday, contract through this afternoon, resigned 10 minutes later.

Permanent role, 4 weeks to go and counting... can't wait to be back dodging trams...
      Now you have a contract to go to, why not use the smack the boss in the mouth or sexually harras the secretary/receptionist options?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Permie (lasted 7 months) to much better permie...

No secretary worth harassing sadly...but there are some bottles of champers in the company fridge

Looking forward to all sorts of new experiences...
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Build a log cabin on the bosses desk?

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Sadly I sit opposite... I would endure the manure as much as him....

But, Im a professional (don't laugh), and won't be taking the mickey... I do have three weeks holiday to take but its being discussed if I get paid for them and work, or leave at the end of the week (which is customary). Trouble is my project goes live next week, so I doubt ill be on gardening leave... the more money I leave with, the better, as Ill still have a week in Amsterdam before I start the new gig...
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Sadly I sit opposite... I would endure the manure as much as him....

But, Im a professional (don't laugh), and won't be taking the mickey... I do have three weeks holiday to take but its being discussed if I get paid for them and work, or leave at the end of the week (which is customary). Trouble is my project goes live next week, so I doubt ill be on gardening leave... the more money I leave with, the better, as Ill still have a week in Amsterdam before I start the new gig...
              Good man. All the right answers in one succinct post. You will go far my son.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I do have three weeks holiday to take but its being discussed if I get paid for them and work, or leave at the end of the week (which is customary). Trouble is my project goes live next week

I think that due to the working time regulations or other such thing you have a legal right to take your annual entitlement as holiday if you want. ie They can't make you work it.

Comment

Id actually rather work the notice period, and be paid for oustanding holiday, as I gave a date of 5 weeks from today which means I can take a week off anyway... better to land in a foreign country eith as much dosh as possible, methinks...
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Id actually rather work the notice period, and be paid for oustanding holiday, as I gave a date of 5 weeks from today which means I can take a week off anyway... better to land in a foreign country eith as much dosh as possible, methinks...
                    Yeah we know your game.

Amsterdam, Cash on the hip, lots of visits to the 'special' cafes and bars then

Comment

Working...
                    X