• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Valentines bouquet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentines bouquet

http://www.interflora.co.uk/catalog/...;pcid1=;pcid2=

Because she's worth it. I sent 10.

Valentines day is the biggest crock of tulip I have ever known. Probably why I am single - however I laugh at all the soppy twats that think they have "spontaneously" arranged a romantic weekend in Paris....yeah like your the only ****er that has thought of that. I mean put some effort in.

A much better way to spend £500 - If your gonna spend £500 to get laid at least have some guarantees in place. I mean flowers are only a maybe. This is black and white.

Sockpuppet in its nearly Feb 14th and I'm single and without contract so grumpy mode

Comment

Tesco's doing 12 red roses for £6.

Treat them mean keep them keen or in my case 'take the hint I dont really care anymore'

Comment

Dont worry sock I'll spare a thought for you when Im taking my missus from behind drinking a glass of champagne in one hand, contract in the other.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          Dont worry sock I'll spare a thought for you when Im taking my missus from behind drinking a glass of champagne in one hand, contract in the other.
          And seeing how long you can hang on after saying "I shagged your best mate last week..."
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
            Valentines day is the biggest crock of tulip I have ever known. Probably why I am single . . .
            Agree 100%, and I'm not single. If any one's relationship is in such bad shape that they need a date on a calendar to spice things up then they should a) break up, b) top themselves or c) come out of the closet.

Comment

And the same goes for Mother's day, Father's day, Xmas, Easter, Halloween, etc etc, yes commercially its been exploited, all these days are an occasion and a reminder to celebrate a blissful relationship, celebrating the family, you relationship with your parents with your kids etc, valentine's day is a day to show appreciation to your partner celebrate love and be grateful for the bliss it brings you, you don't have to do it with flowers, gold jewellery or a ticket to Paris. You can show your appreciation by in a simple way, e.g. a long country side walk just the two of you, a simple meal cooked at home etc etc - you don't have to buy the tacky red flowers to celebrate love, and men don't have to initiate all the time, women should also make the effort to show their men how much they appreciate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                A spontaneous red rose given on no specific date with no other excuse than 'I love you' as the reason for giving it is far more romantic and meaningful than something conjured up through expectation because there is a tick on a calandar wall.
                That's exactly what I say every year when I don't bother to send anything, and the response looks a bit like

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  That's exactly what I say every year when I don't bother to send anything, and the response looks a bit like

you can phone your parents any day and say I love you and thank you, you can take them out on a meal any day you feel like it too, but would you not bother with phoning them on Mother's/Father's day? you know how hurt they'd be if you forgot about mother's / father's day,

You can buy your kids a pressie any time of the year, but would you not bother buying them a present on Xmas day? I don't think so

so why shouldn't your partner feel hurt if you do not bother showing any appreciation on valentine's day?

I am 100% for a Natioal day for love and partnership appreciation - in whatever way you choose to show that love and appreciation !! so there !!

Comment

I bought girly an ironing board for xmas, and she was really happy for it.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X