• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

baby boomers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baby boomers

The boomers are retiring. The last generation that was not brought up with a mobile stuck to their heads, and with no idea about computers except that which an old-dog can grasp, is slowly releasing the reigns of power and leaving the show to the rest of us.

What will this mean to IT contractors? A generation that understands computers will take-over instead of one that preferred quill pens and paper. Things can only get better? Right?

Give me your thoughts.

William Knight

Hopefully by the time the next generation come through I'll be long out of IT, preferably doing something that is remotely interesting.

Load of old bollocks this game is.
    Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by WKnight
      The boomers are retiring. The last generation that was not brought up with a mobile stuck to their heads, and with no idea about computers except that which an old-dog can grasp, is slowly releasing the reigns of power and leaving the show to the rest of us.

What will this mean to IT contractors? A generation that understands computers will take-over instead of one that preferred quill pens and paper. Things can only get better? Right?

Give me your thoughts.

William Knight
      Feck off and do your own research!

There, how's that for a thought?

Comment

New Labour will save us, with carefully draft legislation and by talking to India about Globalisation. So I'm not worried.

Comment

Give me your thoughts.

William Knight
          It was the baby boomers who invented computers and mobile phones.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

There'll always be thick, lazy, incompetent civil servants, so we'll always be in demand.

No worries here
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

We didn't need plumbers when we shat out of our windows onto the street. Now - notwithstanding those who are good at DIY - we can't do without them. Plumbers that is. It's one of the biggest industries in the world.

Same thing for electricity - we didn't need a sparks when we used candles for light and a fireplace for warmth.

And telecomms - we didn't need BT engineers when we lit fecking great bonfires on top of hills.

So where am I going with this? Fuck knows. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                We didn't need plumbers when we shat out of our windows onto the street. Now - notwithstanding those who are good at DIY - we can't do without them. Plumbers that is. It's one of the biggest industries in the world.

Same thing for electricity - we didn't need a sparks when we used candles for light and a fireplace for warmth.

And telecomms - we didn't need BT engineers when we lit fecking great bonfires on top of hills.

So where am I going with this? Fuck knows. Any ideas?
                We don't need teleport engineers because it hasn't been invented yet.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Are you a baby boomer Walter ?

Comment

The last generation that was not brought up with a mobile stuck to their heads, and with no idea about computers except that which an old-dog can grasp, is slowly releasing the reigns of power and leaving the show to the rest of us.
                    Reins.

Expat, in Am I the Only One Left of the Generation That Could Spell? mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X