• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charity

Can I setup my ltd to donate to charity on a regular basis?

Does this avoid tax/NI and does it save paperwork compared to an individual making the donations?

PS. Can I setup a charity for hard done by IT Contractors?

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Does this avoid tax/NI and does it save paperwork compared to an individual making the donations?

The FreakyDancing fund is always looking for donations.
    Call the cops

Comment

Here's a charity type question...

Which organisation is second only to the National-Lottery in the amount given each year to Charities in the UK?

Comment

The UK Muslim Foundation for the Support of Martyrs Against Infidel Pigs?

Comment

The UK Muslim Foundation for the Support of Martyrs Against Infidel Pigs?
          Good try but nope.

Comment

Seriously, does giving to charity from a Limited avoid NI?

Comment

Yes. Limited companies can donate what they like to a registered charity. As far as I understand this does not attract any tax of any kind. It's not quite the same for unregistered (very small) charities.

Yes, I believe so, for a registered charity. It will save you having to do a Gift Aid form for the charity and the need to add GAYE to your payroll. Also saves any additional payroll run needed to do the donation.

In theory yes, for a registered charity. If it has more than £5k per year income it can register and get Gift Aid. You will have to register it with Charities Commission and HMRC and appoint Trustees. It will be subject to inspection by the Charities Commission and HMRC, need auditable accounts etc. It's charitable objectives must be open to the general public (ie. not for the benefit of a defined group). This means that I, as an impoverished contractor, can come to your charity for a handout. If I'm refused I can make a complaint to the Charity Commission !

Happy to help !!!
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Seriously, does giving to charity from a Limited avoid NI?
                It's a company donation from a limited company account - ie, out of profits. NI only relates to personal tax. eg. If Vodafone want to donate £1m to the NSPCC then NI etc doesn't even come into the equation. It's the same for small limiteds as it is for big ones. The donation must come from the company - eg. by company cheque and you should get a receipt for your accounts.

See http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/charities/donors/companies.htm
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Nice one. Will switch my personal donations to company ones so that **** Brown gets less and the charities get more!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Here's a charity type question...

Which organisation is second only to the National-Lottery in the amount given each year to Charities in the UK?
                    Government (gift aid?)

Comment

Working...
                    X