• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quelle surprise!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quelle surprise!

Bloody Hypocrite!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/6358291.stm

Originally posted by VinnyB
    Lemme see:

He urged people not to buy Peugeots, and he himself didn't buy a Peugeot.
    He was made redundant, and the union negotiated a redundancy package. It included a car, and for some reason the car manufacturer in question gave one of their own models.

Help me here, where's the Bloody Hypocrisy?

Comment

Whichever PR bunny thought that up deserves a pint. Class. I owe you one Mr/Mrs PR bunny.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        Lemme see:

He urged people not to buy Peugeots, and he himself didn't buy a Peugeot.
        He was made redundant, and the union negotiated a redundancy package. It included a car, and for some reason the car manufacturer in question gave one of their own models.

Help me here, where's the Bloody Hypocrisy?
        So Joe Public can't buy a Peugoet, but Mr Union Man willingly accepts one as part of his severence package? No doubt they had a few cars left over seeing as a boycott was called.

BTW does he have to pay the local Peugeot dealer to service it to maintain the warranty?

Nice one.

Comment

So Joe Public can't buy a Peugoet, but Mr Union Man willingly accepts one as part of his severence package? No doubt they had a few cars left over seeing as a boycott was called.

BTW does he have to pay the local Peugeot dealer to service it to maintain the warranty?

Nice one.
          AFAIK a boycott of products consists of not buying them. He didn't.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, how the British media love numpties like you!

Nice one.
            If that is part of the redundancy package then good for them.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
              Ahhhhhhhhhhh, how the British media love numpties like you!

If that is part of the redundancy package then good for them.

Mailman
              Thanks Mailman.

Comment

I personally think that there is something which stinks here. He is representing people who were made redundant from the plant and encouraging people not to buy one of their cars. Then when the freebie comes along he gladly accepts it. If I were in his position I too would have taken the new car, but probably flogged it and bought something else.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X