• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody ever listed NOTEPAD as a skill on their CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody ever listed NOTEPAD as a skill on their CV?

Bizarre thought, until I remembered someone recently who still swore by it for doing web pages in preference to DreamWeaver, Frontpage and the likes.

I must admit to listing it on CVs before now. It is a bit of a joke and has brought a laugh at interviews.

I do web dev and find the suggestion of using notepad over dreamweaver a bit of a joke too. Let's see how quick your mate can make nested tables (passe, yeah I know) or spot broken tags without the help of a tool like DW. It is a huge time saver over hand coding. Only a complete dick would make a statement like that.

Oh yeah, anyone who uses Frontpage is a tool as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
      Bizarre thought, until I remembered someone recently who still swore by it for doing web pages in preference to DreamWeaver, Frontpage and the likes.

I write all my code in notepad like - I dont know why. I cant be doing with these tools that indent for you and make all your comments green and stuff.

Good old notepad

I wouldn't put it on my CV though, thats like listing "Writing" as one of your skills.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        I write all my code in notepad like - I dont know why. I cant be doing with these tools that indent for you and make all your comments green and stuff.

Good old notepad

I wouldn't put it on my CV though, thats like listing "Writing" as one of your skills.
        Every programmer should be able to use the basic tools that come with the system they work on, like notepad or vi, SQLPLUS or whatever. That's what you can always find on any machine. I think I could still use EDLIN but it's not on my CV!

Comment

I don't put notepad on my CV but I do still have an entry for vi as you'll be surprised how many *nix "gurus" can't use it - nevermind the point and clicky Windows people.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I can imagine a CV being rejected by an agent because it wasn’t listed and the client had put something like ‘be able to make changes to HTML files using editors like Notepad’.

Resourcer calls, “Your CV looks good, but I can’t see Notepad anywhere. How many years experience have you got using it? What version was it? Would you say you are good or expert in using it? My client has listed it as a ‘must have’ and wont budge on this.”
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
              ...I can’t see Notepad anywhere. How many years experience have you got using it? What version was it?
              LOL!

Comment

Milan told me he has MSPaint on his!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I probably mentioned it before but I didn't get a role once because Winzip wasn't on my CV.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

had to use EDLIN the other day on a script which was not working while rebuilding a server! still works!!!! just have to remember

Ctrl Z to save..
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X