• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT contractors expecting big rate increases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT contractors expecting big rate increases

http://management.silicon.com/career...9165345,00.htm

More than half of the UK's IT contractors expect a pay rise of at least 10 per cent in 2007, research reveals.

Of the 58 per cent expecting a no-less-than-double-digit rise in earnings, a third are aiming to gain at least a 15 per cent salary increase in the coming year, according to research from accountancy company JSA.

Time to squeeze then clients folks. Negotiate hard. Payback for the rate cuts of a few years ago.

i was hoping for a 20% increase this year

I'll try for 50%
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I am pitching at a 15-20% rise and blame it on gordo's new taxs.

Comment

Same here 10% negotations just started

Comment

I was aiming for something a little higher, along these lines:

"Last week 180,000 civil servants, who had their salaries trebled in January, demanded another increase of 400 per cent"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../13/wzim13.xml

Comment

well I just got my 10%
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

25% here from 31/1. And I was on a good rate to start with.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
              X