• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

York is great!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

York is great!

Even for singles....they have a big "London eye" style wheel at the train station now (I'm sitting looking at it from my desk at this very moment actually)...and they're having speed dating on it tonight

How cool is that? You get to go round once with every date, then the men get out and change pods

So all you singletons out there, get yourself on a train up to York!
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Even for singles....they have a big "London eye" style wheel at the train station now (I'm sitting looking at it from my desk at this very moment actually)...and they're having speed dating on it tonight

How cool is that? You get to go round once with every date, then the men get out and change pods

from your viewpoint sal is once round enough time to do the job or would it require 1.5 maybe two full rotations
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

York is a great city. Let me see, you can see the train station from your office so I'm guessing NU right?

I love the old town. Ye Old Starre Inn off Stonegate is my favourite watering hole there, especially in summer when you can sit outside in the courtyard.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
        from your viewpoint sal is once round enough time to do the job or would it require 1.5 maybe two full rotations
        Well it depends on the "job" in question doesn't it.....although actually, probably yes to both. The wheel goes quite slow!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          York is a great city. Let me see, you can see the train station from your office so I'm guessing NU right?

I love the old town. Ye Old Starre Inn off Stonegate is my favourite watering hole there, especially in summer when you can sit outside in the courtyard.

No, cant see the train station, just the top of the wheel.
          I'm only about 15 mins walk from the train station though, past NU and up through town.

The pubs in york are absolutely wonderful - lovely old boozers. People who dont love York ar either mad, or have never been here.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

"Hello my name is Magnuss Magnusson, as we travel back in time through the centuries"

Name the attraction....
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

jorvik centre
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Top Bombing! Great place, have a look around the dungeon, Yorkminster and the tower where they massacred the Jews
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                  "Hello my name is Magnuss Magnusson, as we travel back in time through the centuries"

Name the attraction....
                  Is this a quiz? Do we have to name the attraction from the quote?

Or are you just being sarcastic and asking what is good about York?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

Is there a bar there?

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
                    X