• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work offer

Just had a kind soul offer me work. All I need to do is send them all my personal ID info.

Hello,

How are you and your family today? I hope all is going on smoothly. I am Steven by name; my family and I are based here in London. We have 2 kids (2 daughters) their ages are 3years and 5years old respectively.

I am due to be in the transferred in a few weeks from now and for the next (1 year and 2 Months) as a result of my assignment with the United Nation. As such, my family is expected to come along with me. In the light of this, my wife and me have deemed it important to have our kids well looked after as soon as we get into the country, hence the search for a nanny or babysitter to take care of our little angels.

We would expect your service to commence by the 22nd, of March 2007 as such your expected arrival date would be first or second week in February in order for you to be around and available to assist in the setting up of the house on that day, being that our belongings and furniture's which are in charge of the shipper are bound to arrive soon.

I will like to inform you that your sincere support towards the receipt of our belongings and furniture's that are to arrive soon in the state will be highly appreciated as you have a role to play on these. I my Wife have concluded to pay an all-front 2 weeks payment to you over this job, so that you may be contended with us.

For your transportation, we would work out something worthwhile and make provision for transport allowance, which will be paid together with your wages, regardless of your distance. You are to evaluate your total cost of transportation from your destination to our new resident and provide me with the cost, that it could be brought together with

Your chosen remuneration from what we are offering.
    Please note that our preference is in an individual (nanny/babysitter) with extremely good conduct, well mannered, considerably accommodating and hygienic. If you are ready to accept this offer, it will be mostly appreciated if you can respond to the questions below,

1) How old are you?
    2) What is your marital status?
    3) What is your religious background?
    4) What qualifications do you posses?
    5) Have you certificates portraying your babysitting
    career?
    6) Do you have a valid means of identification?
    7) Do you have any criminal records?
    8) Do you have extra-ordinary habits?
    9) How temperamental are you?
    10) Do you have a guarantor?
    11) Where are you located?

Urgent reply will be duly appreciated and if you have any question to ask me I will be happy if you can state it in your response to this offer.

We look forward to having you as one of the family member.
    Thank you and God bless
    Mr. Steven Sheldon

N: B Pls reply should be send to [email protected] for quick Action.

Do you have extra-ordinary habits?
    You could have some fun replying to this.

Comment

I think it's jolly decent of them to consider you.
      Call the cops

Comment

Mr. Steven Sheldon seems like a jolly good fella
        Give him all your details

Comment

Where does he ask for the personal ID info?

All he asks is

6) Do you have a valid means of identification? Yes
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            Where does he ask for the personal ID info?

All he asks is

6) Do you have a valid means of identification? Yes
            In the next communication?

Comment

I'm rich!

I got this today:

Complement of the day

Dearest,

I got your contact in course of my inquiry to locate relations of my Deceasesd Client who died in a car crash on the 13th February 2003.The reason for this is to inherit a Contracts Payment Deposits Account of $8.5 million of which the Deceased left in a Finance Firm. Consequently, having gone through to your profile on Internet, I want you to please assist me to inherit the fund into your Account.

This request emerged last week when the Finance Firm contacted me for the attention of my Deceases Client (perhaps for one reason or the other they have tried to contact him and was unsuccessful). However, thereupon I announced his death and protocols observed, I was mandated (as the deceased's attorney)to provide the Next of Kin to inherit the Deposits or they will freeze it as"Unclaimed Deposit".Unfortunately, and unknown to the Finance Firm, the Next of Kin was among the dead in the car crash. But rather leaving the Deposits/Account frozen hence I seek your help to claim the fund into your Account as you share same names with the Next of Kin and I have the required Information to execute the transaction under legal process.

Please contact me for further information and commencement of the transaction,and I need your full mailing address,your direct telephone number/Fax number,for this transaction to commence successfully. Be informed that your compensation will be 40% of this fund,while 60% will be my share. Please it is only trust and honesty to ourself will make this claim to work out accordingly,and success will be our achievement at the end of this transaction.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Kelly Fowler.

What do you reckon? Do you think it's genuine? Should I send my details off?

Comment

what is the worst that could happen? Your going to be rich!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X