• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've just sat through one the worst films of all time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just sat through one the worst films of all time

.. a prize specimen of turkeysaurus - the mother of all turkeys: Attack Force, starring Steven Seagal (made last year).

It made the most comically contrived and stylistic martial arts film ever made look like King Lear by comparison.

The plot was so muddled and diffuse it literally looked like they were making it up as they want along - It started out as a high-tech conspiracy and morphed into something more like van Helsing chasing vampires, as befits a film made in Romania.

The acting, including Seagal's, was as wooden as a hammer beam roof. But then how could it be otherwise when the dialog was a nothing but a load of terse yank cliches that sounded like they were being dubbed when they weren't.

Most baffling of all, Seagal's voice constantly changed - One minute he sounded like Terry Wogan imitating Marlon Brando playing the Godfather, and the next moment he had a bizarre bronchial French accent. Really surreal. Even with the money, what in the world was he thinking of being involved in this cranky film?

Normally I think nothing of buying at least couple of DVDs each week, even if they do turn out crap. But I resent having wasted £10 on this film. I'd rather have rolled it up and dropped it down a drain - At least a passing rat might have put it to good use for lining his nest!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot
    the dialog was a nothing but a load of terse yank cliches
    A bit like the CUK bulletin board then...

Comment

Working...
    X