• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

whose fault was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whose fault was it?

I just know that this Guardian article is going to go down well here

There's no point in blaming parents. ... if a parent is not taking care of their child, there must be something very wrong with their own emotional life. ...

In the absence of the biological parent, civil society must become a corporate parent, and the problem is that the corporate parent is failing profoundly...

One problem with the British way of thinking about these children is that, very early on, society places a moral responsibility for the control of behaviour on the child and absolves itself of parenting tasks.
    (my italics)

See, it's your fault.

Ahhh, so we're all "Children of the State"...

Sounds a bit "commie" to me that...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Ahhh, so we're all "Children of the State"...

Sounds a bit "commie" to me that...

A bit???????

Comment

WTF are you reading the guardian for?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          WTF are you reading the guardian for?
          Best newspaper around!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
            Best newspaper around!
            Bloody nu-labour leftie!!
            Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Best newspaper around!
              Would tend to agree though I get a bigger kick these days out of the foaming at the mouth indignation I get after reading polly toynbees statist essays. I used to have to read the telegraph editorials to get that buzz - must be getting old.

Comment

Working...
              X