• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Healthcare.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Healthcare.

Who has it?

How much do you pay? What does it cover you for?

Is it a rip off? Who recommends it?

etc etc etc
    The pope is a tard.

Ive got Bupa. Never used it. Just thought i was getting old when i turned 30 and i know the NHS is tulipe. Its £72 a month for the top cover that covers existing injuries/ailments.

Pricey but the piece of mind is worth it.

Comment

Join the PCG and get 25% off bupacareI'm just finding out how much it's going to cost me at the moment. I have a feeling the discount on insurances and the discount on healthcare will probably be worth more than my PCG subscription

also if you join do a google for discount vouchers, I managed to get 15% off my subs for 5 mins google work!

Comment

I havn't got Private Healthcare but have paid to have 2 ops. that was money well spent.
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Do you think Bupa and the like is only useful for serious stuff like Cancer and that?

Or do they give you a full medical and fix anything thats a bit dodgey (i.e. allergies and stuff)?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            Join the PCG and get 25% off bupacareI'm just finding out how much it's going to cost me at the moment. I have a feeling the discount on insurances and the discount on healthcare will probably be worth more than my PCG subscription

also if you join do a google for discount vouchers, I managed to get 15% off my subs for 5 mins google work!

I enquired with BUPA a a couple of years ago, guy came around talked about options, gave me a quote and then dropped it by 20% when I said I was an IT Contactor
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

SA - as far as I know private health covers will not pay for allergy tests or stomach stapling operations - they'll only pay for tests that are referred to by your GP, so you still need to convince your GP that you need the tests. Doing it privately means you get it done fast and when you need it, that's all.

Comment

http://www.preventicum.de/adaywithus.0.html

£2950

Every scan, test known to man and 6 star luxury surroundings with world leading professors and consultants.

That's what proper contractors do when they have the sniffles.

Comment

Does any1 here have Bupa?? How much do you pay 4 it?

Have i been getting ripped off for the last 2 yrs?

I went into it far too fast as i got an age complex and done it all in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    http://www.preventicum.de/adaywithus.0.html

£2950

Every scan, test known to man and 6 star luxury surroundings with world leading professors and consultants.

That's what proper contractors do when they have the sniffles.

I got all those tests (Except the MRI and Colonoscopy ) for £350 when i joined Bupa. It was all at a Bupa medical centre (Id say 4 stars maybe). Sounds a bit pricey to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X