• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marmalade, Part Trois

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marmalade, Part Trois

The marmalade is going quick so if you want some speak up. Remember, Seville oranges are only in season for another week or two at most, so you may have to wait until next year for the king of orange marmalades if you miss out now.

All is not lost though as I shall be doing some grapefruit marmalade next.

I have found putting Marmalade into carrier bags and putting in the freezer works best. You can get 40 jars into one Sainsbury carrier bag which easily fits on the top shelf.

Sorted.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Or you could freeze it in ice cube trays in handy slice of toast sized portions.

Comment

Alternatively take a loaf of bread and toast each slice individually, then place the marmalade evenly across one side of the toast. Chill lightly and then freeze individually stacking each slice of marmaladed toast on top of each other but using a thin piece of clingfilm to seperate.

Then when dessert is required. Iced Toasty Marmalde. In our house we call it Lady Marmalade. Ho ho.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You're a card and a half. MF.

Comment

Only just caught this LB - had a UT2004 sesh and blattered everyone with my Raptor skills - love to have some, I'll PM you my details for a Mango Chutney swap if you're keen. I'll need to make some more though! Otherwise I'll just pay.

How are you transporting this? Jiffy?
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

can't wait for mine to arrive!!!
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Hopefully you will get yours in time for the weekend breakfast, n5gooner. Even though I say so myself, this year's batch is really quite good. I think it's the bourbon that has made the difference.

Will be more than happy to swap you a jar for some of your chutney, hyperD. PM me your address and I'll get some off to you. I've been sending them with each jar bubble wrapped, then packed in a box with shredded paper, then the box bubble wrapped, then the whole thing wrapped in brown paper. My extensive testing (dropping it on the floor) revealed it to be a robust combination.

Those who've PM'ed me with interest, don't forget to send me your addresses. If anyone else wants some, let me know as it's going fast. Strictly first come, first served.

Denny, you said you fancied a jar when I first mentioned it but I haven't heard from you since. Still want one?

Comment

LB you are Nigel Slater and I claim my marmalade encrusted £5

Comment

LB you are Nigella Lawson and I claim £10 this time

Comment

Working...
                    X