• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contractor

Hi all,

Hope that Friday feeling is upon us and everyone is ready for the weekend!

I start my first contract next week!!

And, as I have a friend who is contracting already, He told me to get on here so thought I would to see what the fuss is all about!

What are Giant, Orange & Gold, Highford Group and Orange Genie like as "umbrella" companies? I got given a list and am currently in the process of calling them, but thought I would ask you guys what you think?

Any help would be well appreciated!

see budget 2007

Comment

You start on monday and this stuff isn't sorted yet? Anyway, to pre-empt what everyone (well nearly everyone) will say, go LTD. If you want to go umbrella, go Parasol is my recommendation (not everyone will agree, obviously). Avoid Managed Service Company schemes, e.g. Giant Powerhouse.

Comment

Thanks, so Umbrella is not a good option then at all with this budget speech?

Cool, I will ask if they offer ltd companies, what should be the standard price for gaining one of these, I dont wanna get ripped off!

Comment

I'd go umbrella for the first few weeks whilst you get your Ltd co setup. I'd recommend Orange & Gold (used them when I first started out) and Nixon Williams for the Ltd co setup/accountancy....
          Call the cops

Comment

Can i do that then? that sounds good as im being told it can take a couple of weeks to set up the Ltd Company.

Has anyone used Highford Group?

Comment

Hi mate,

I wouldn't go near Orange Genie after Churchill's experiences!!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...nge+genie.html

Comment

Dear Newbie,

If you want to post on here regularly you have some catching up to do. Please provide us with: -

your BMI
                your preffered assasination method
                the time you will be getting up in the mornings
                who you think the sexiest CUK male is
                detials of any experience of pooing in ladies toilets
                whether you think El Duder is a gay
                how many times a week you wash
                and where you stand on the subject of a tomato being a fruit or a vegetable.

many thanks

SA
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                  Hi mate,

I wouldn't go near Orange Genie after Churchill's experiences!!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...nge+genie.html
                  Ah thanks for that mate, just read through, they seem a bit poo then, do they actually not pay on time? As in a couple of days out or like, longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Setthebinonfire!
                    Can i do that then? that sounds good as im being told it can take a couple of weeks to set up the Ltd Company.

Has anyone used Highford Group?
                    Yep - just make sure there is no tie-in period with the umbrella guys
                    Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                    X