• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Book: Banking business knowledge for IT bods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book: Banking business knowledge for IT bods

I want to boost (errrm ... Start) my knowledge of how the City works. Background is pure IT but often in financials. I never really got to grips with how the places worked as I was focussed on tech.

It is high time I learnt this stuff, partly for my own satisfaction and partly to make myself more attractive to potential clients.

Know any good books that give a solid, practical overview ?

I found this from a Jobserve advert:
    http://www.essvale.com/?q=node/1

Site looks kind of crappy but maybe the content is good. I have a feeling it is written by a contractor and maybe self-published. 50 notes !

Any recommendation ?

L

Originally posted by LegendsWear7
    I want to boost (errrm ... Start) my knowledge of how the City works. Background is pure IT but often in financials. I never really got to grips with how the places worked as I was focussed on tech.

It is high time I learnt this stuff, partly for my own satisfaction and partly to make myself more attractive to potential clients.

Site looks kind of crappy but maybe the content is good. I have a feeling it is written by a contractor and maybe self-published. 50 notes !

Any recommendation ?

L
    Buy low, sell high.

Comment

Originally posted by interested
      Buy low, sell high.
      If anyone says "my word is my bond" take their bond.

Comment

If a trader talks about vega on a position, they probably mean they are vague about it. Or its to do with Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by interested
          Buy low, sell high.

You tool it's buy high sell low.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawz
            You tool it's buy high sell low.
            No wait.... yeah you're right... buy low sell high.

Comment

No its buy high lose your shirt

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7

Any recommendation ?

L
                Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel

Comment

A good introduction would be ‘Bluff your way in Stocks and Shares’.

Currency Traders struggle with ‘Forex for dummies’, but most people find it easy.

Many people find ‘A young persons guide to credit derivatives’ to be a bit dated, but it contains some good stuff.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                    A good introduction would be ‘Bluff your way in Stocks and Shares’.

Currency Traders struggle with ‘Forex for dummies’, but most people find it easy.

Many people find ‘A young persons guide to credit derivatives’ to be a bit dated, but it contains some good stuff.

Now you're talking

Maybe posting a sincere question on a Friday afternoon wasn't a wise move

Comment

Working...
                    X