• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM's plan to beat gun crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM's plan to beat gun crime

Tony Blair is set to announce measures aimed at tackling the wave of gun crime sweeping British cities.

As his meddling tends to make things much worse I guess it's time for you all to go out and buy bullet-proof vests!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

I'm living in central london at the moment and the rule of thumb is stick to the main roads - it sounds like the advice that the old fogey in film "American Werewolf In London" gave .. but it is damned sure advice.

Comment

I live in Central London too. In nearly fifty years one piece of advice has kept me out of trouble: don't go south of the water after dark. Not that the rest of London is crime free, it that most of the trouble is in a few parts and most of those parts are south of the Thames.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Tough on crime tough on the causes of crime.
        Education, education, education.
        "things, can only get better, only get better, ..."
        Cool Britannia.

Whatever happened to Blairs vision of a Great New Britain under New Labour?

Perhaps it was all bulltulip afterall.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

err...

If you fill a country with Third Worlders, why is anyone remotely suprised when it becomes like the third world?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Labour's way to beat gun crime - tax it. Or rather tax it, hope nobody notices you've taxed it, and hope that it continues increases so that you get increasingly more tax revenue from it.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
              Labour's way to beat gun crime - tax it. Or rather tax it, hope nobody notices you've taxed it, and hope that it continues increases so that you get increasingly more tax revenue from it.
              "Everybody's DNA, iris scan, fingerprints on the police database, ID Cards, subdermal RFID implants, and, of course, more taxes would solve everything"
              - Tony Blair / Gordon Brown
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                I live in Central London too. In nearly fifty years one piece of advice has kept me out of trouble: don't go south of the water after dark. Not that the rest of London is crime free, it that most of the trouble is in a few parts and most of those parts are south of the Thames.
                It doesn't look so, according to this source.

http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/

1,861 thefts per 1000 population last year in my ward! Aren't we a light-fingered local community!

Comment

Working...
                  X