• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No IR35 Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No IR35 Petition

Someone has started one, you can sign up here .

While you are at it sign any other petitions that look good.

Originally posted by Addanc

I was about to sign up then got paranoid about my details being traced by Hector
    Maybe its the hangover talking
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Pity the petitioner can't spell. I was seriously thinking of starting a petition for democracy in the UK.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'd have signed up but for the poor wording of the petition and the bad grammer and spelling. It's not going to be taken seriously written like that.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Addanc

Smart move that, anyone who bothers to sign it must be worried about its affect on them. Therefore ready made investigation list. You'd be off your rocker to go near the thing.

Comment

More details from the petition

---
            IR35 was a way of gathering extra tax revenues (without raising the basic rate for taxation) by picking on Computer Contractor's who work in a way that suits the relatively short life-cycles of the industry.

It paints tens of thousands of honest hard working tax payers as tax avoiders, whilst giving no recognition to the risk and extra work that they have to put in to make there living.
            ---

Hmmm and I thought IR35 was a taxation concept that applied across the spectrum of the british community, obviously not, apparently it only applies to computer contractors. Cool I can save all that effort avoiding it now then as I'm a business not a contractor.

Duh - why is there never a brick wall when you need one!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
              I'd have signed up but for the poor wording of the petition and the bad grammer and spelling.
              <fleetwood>Grammar</fleetwood>

Comment

Any chance that Hector actually set this up? Everyone who fills it out gets a free investigation . . .

Comment

Use a false name (not that I've ever done such a thing).

The IR Brown Shirts can investigate me for IR35 all they like. I'm well outside that.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I aint signing it.

I would have preferred it not to exist. Not enough people will sign it (for reasons stated above) and therefore NL will use it as evidence that we don't care.

Using a false name would be dishonest and an excuse for No10 to show we are a bunch of liars.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X