• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contracting - tax concerns in australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contracting - tax concerns in australia

hi all,
    im very new to this site and im fairly new to the contracting world.
    i have just completed my first 6 month IT contract in ireland.

i have an accountancy firm that do everything for me were they formed my own company, and dealt with all my taxes / issues etc. the accountants work in line with the recruitment company that got me the job as my accountancy firm bill the recruitment company. pretty much so everyone milks some kind of money from me.

anyway i get paid into an irish bank account and into an offshore bank account. 50% going into each account almost.

i pretty much so pay very little tax, all legal so i am told, i think exploiting a loop hole of some sort.

i am wondering does anyone know of accountants in australia that do the same thing? and can the same thing be done? were i pay very little tax.

my appoligies in advance if this question is fairly simple / basic to some but i reallyhave no idea how contractors are paid in australia.

many thanks

Working...
X